This year’s recruitment round is coming up and the same position titles and a single selection criteria for all ACEM trainee positions have been agreed upon with NSW Health by the Emergency Medicine State Training Council. Because all the positions are selected using the same selection criteria, this means that all Emergency Medicine trainees can rotate between facilities without needing further recruitment processes.
Definition of Position Titles
· Provisional Trainee – currently registered or eligible for registration in Australia and completion of at least two post graduate years. Registration with ACEM or evidence of registration with ACEM on commencement of employment in February 2016.
· Advanced Trainee – currently registered or eligible for registration in Australia and at least three full time equivalent postgraduate years. Significant experience in Australian Emergency Department or equivalent. Successful completion of the ACEM primary examinations.
A Provisional Trainee may apply for an Advanced Trainee position if they expect to have met the ACEM requirements to be an Advanced Trainee by February 2016 (ie. anticipate passing September primary exams). If they have not met the Advanced Trainee requirements by February 2016 they may be appointed as a Provisional Trainee.
· Selection criteria for the positions of Advanced Trainee and Provisional Trainee.
· Recruitment Information and FAQ flyer for trainees seeking Emergency Medicine training positions. The flyer will also be on the HETI Emergency Medicine website and we will send you the link when it is uploaded.
These are mandatory position titles and selection criteria for all ACEM trainees in NSW. Please put them on all your advertised position descriptions. The rest of the position description may be written by each site to reflect the position requirements. The HETI Emergency Medicine website also has a recruitment map with information about each of the EDs in the networks at Emergency Medicine recruitment map
Once again the terms the Ministry of Health has made available for non ACEM trainees includes SRMOS, Unaccredited Trainee and CMO.
Important dates for Emergency Medicine recruitment for 2016 are :
Emergency Medicine training positions will be advertised on the NSW Health JMO Recruitment website
· Applications open on Thursday 23 July 2015 and close on Thursday 13 August 2015
· Applications made online
· Interview period is from Monday 31 August to Friday 4 September 2015
· Offers sent out from Tuesday 15 September 2015
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any enquiries or need further information on firstname.lastname@example.org or (p) 9844 6576.