Network Five Affiliated Websites:
EMERGENCYPEDIA- CLICK HERE
WESTMEAD EMERGENCY MEDICINE – CLICK HERE
NEW NETWORK 5 SITE – CLICK HERE
NEPEAN EMERGENCY – CLICK HERE
TWEED HEADS EMERGENCY – CLICK HERE
HETI TRAINING – CLICK HERE
OLD NETWORK 5 SITE – CLICK HERE
About this Network
- The Emergency Medicine Training Networks were established in 2009 to facilitate high quality patient care and provide access to high quality education and training for trainees.
- These Networks are based in New South Wales (NSW), establishing co-operation between affiliated “sister” training hospitals.
- The Emergency Medicine State Training Council (EMSTC) provides oversight of the network training program in NSW.
Specific functions of training networks include:
- Ensuring that all trainees in the network have equitable access to learning opportunities – both formal and informal.
- Ensuring that all trainees are supervised and supported by more senior staff at a level consistent with their skills and experience.
- The development and maintenance of a network training program that addresses College training requirements.
- Development and implementation of local training policies that are relevant to training such as an orientation programme, clinical skills training and review, appropriate rostering and access to supervision, clinical handovers, formal and informal feedback and assessment of trainees (consistent with college training guidelines where applicable)
- Oversight of allocation of training rotations to optimise the delivery of postgraduate training at the sites within the network.
- Monitoring and reporting on indicators of training quality and outcome e.g. Recruitment and workforce data, trainee term evaluations, College exam result.
- Evaluation of each training rotation by trainees.
We run the amazing Emergency Medicine themed ‘FEAST Day‘ 4 times a year. It’s an all day blitz of emergency education goodness brought to you by the Network 5 team!
The Network Five Team
Dr Kavita Varshney FACEM – NDoT (Network Director of Training)
Dr Satish Mitter FACEM – Co-NDoT (Co-Network Director of Training)
Deepa Dasgupta – Acting ESO (Education Support Officer)
Phone: (02) 8890 4884
Network 5 Hospitals
Previous ‘FEAST’ Day Sessions
“Radiology in Emergency” FEAST Day and AORTA workshops
“Legal Issues and Risk Management” and AORTA
- Dr Kavita Varshney – Between A Rock and A Hard Place Kavita Varshney
- Melanie Shea and Rebecca Vink – Mental Health presentation – final
- Dr Margaret Daley – Risk Education Essentials and Death the Final Complicaton MIPS Westmead 2016
- Mental Health ACT -MOH – Mental Health Act presentation handout2
- Ministry of Health – Mental Health Act presentation handout2capacity_toolkit0609
- AORTA Workshops – AORTA
- Dr Andrew Coggins – Neck Trauma
- Dr Richard McNulty – Chest Trauma
- Dr Mary Ibrahim – Trauma in Pregnancy
One thought on “Emergency Medicine Training”